Computer is becoming sluggish with wisersearch.com (W Search)
Don’t know why the default homepage is changed into www.wisersearch.com? Every time you want to type a search on the search bar, the Wisersearch appears itself? Have tried many ways to get rid of W Search from browser, but even though you have spent many hours on it, you cannot do that? Do you feel despaired for uninstalling this program? Please take it easy and do more search online.
Many computer users don’t know Wisersearch runs into their computers, for they never install such program by themselves. Actually, this program is a very foxy and secluded that come outs without leaving any trace. As we know that, internet connection is worldwide which can help many unwanted program and malicious applications to distribute the entire network environment. Otherwise, this redirect virus can be installed on the target computers by be bundled with freeware or shareware online. If users install or download any of this software from the internet, this program can come along with Wisersearch.com may also appear if users update some programs on the system. And this program can sneak into the system by inserting famous websites, spam emails or popup ads or links, as long as users open a malware site, click a popup window by accidently, this hijacker can be downloaded onto the system.
If wisersearch.com installs on the target computers, it can make the affected system become sluggish from time to time. In technical part, we always classify it as a form of browser hijacker that has ability to take control of the original browsers completely. After getting inside the computers, it can affect all brands of internet browsers such as Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet explorer, Yahoo, or Bing. It will hijack the default homepage and start-up search and then alter them into www.wisersearch.com and Wisersearch. In such sense, users can experience unwanted search results if they do searches on the browsers. A ton of redirections to its own sites may block users to navigate certain sites.
General speaking, wisersearch.com can be used as a tool to display nagging ads or sponsor links by cyber criminals who want to promote their products by using this way without investment. So victims can see a bunch of popups shown on the webpage if they are browsing a web page. According to the risks of leaving Wisersearch, we need to get rid of it from the attacked computers.
Wisersearch (W Search) causes odd behaviors
1, it can modify the settings of the browser and replace the homepage with www.wisersearch.com.
2, this is a very foxy and secluded browser hijacker.
3, this infection will change your browser homepage, search engine, and online server settings randomly.
4, it can cause many redirections to malware sites when type a search.
5, this hijacker can come into the computer via inserting into malware sites, spam emails and infected downloads or be packing with freeware.
6, it can show up annoying sponsored links or displays pop-up ads.
7, it is utilized by the cyber criminals by inserting some codes to control the infected system totally, and gather the vital information on the system.
Best way to erase / uninstall Wisersearch (W Search) from your PC
1. Stop all running processes by pressing Alt and Ctrl and Delete key together to open Task Manager.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Wisersearch.
3. Remove add-ons on your infected browsers:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Show hidden files
Step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
5. Disable proxy
1). Click on Tools on the menu bar
2). Select Internet options
3). Go to Connections tab
4). Select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
5). Under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
6). Click OK
Remove wisersearch.com redirect with SpyHunter
1. Click Here To Download Removal Tool to automatically remove this infection.
2. Install SpyHunter by reading the installation details.
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate possible virus infection file
Conclusion: wisersearch.com is a very aggressive browser hijacker that can attack all kinds of browsers, it can change the homepage into www.wisersearch.com and it also can popup a bunch of ads or links. So we need to uninstall Wisersearch. If you don’t know how to handle with this infection, please get help from SpyHunter.